Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Newest oil painting and sculpture from Teresa Turner

Here is my latest abstract painting, entitled INFINITY:


Original oils
24" x 36"

Although I primarily work in realism, I do enjoy creating abstracts as well. They provide the artist with a creative outlet which is unlimited in scope or vision. I find them very freeing in that regard.

I also experimented this week with a different color finish for one of my dogwood wall plaques. I make these from hydrostone, which is the hardest of the gypsum cements. Previously I had always painted these dogwood blossom pieces with a faux stone finish, but decided to try one with a faux bronze finish instead.

DOGWOOD BLOSSOM
Acrylics on hydrostone
2-3/4" x 2-1/2"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The new infinity painting is wonderful. I love the colors.