Monday, September 28, 2009

Reflecting on the Power of Reflection

Listen to this article. Powered by Odiogo.com

We cannot hold time or the seasons, although often enough we would like to put a slice of time in our pockets. Isn't is grand that we are gifted with the power of memory? Without memory we could neither savor the beauty and joy of our experiences, nor learn from them.

Carrying my camera allows me to "capture the rapture," so to speak, by shooting the inspiring sights I see around me every day. So today I will reflect on the beauty of the past summer season, even as time tries to erase its impact on me.

In this photo you see the very fleeting beauty of reflections on the side of a wood boat on a mid-summer's day. The reams of light jiggle and dance like the wind or a fickle tide, reminding the viewer of just how delicate and evasive moments of beauty can sometimes be.

One ephemeral sight I have yet to capture is the sunlight bouncing off the water and shimmering on the trunks and undersides of the pine branches at the lake's edge. I hope to do so in the near future.


Life is precious! Every moment carries the potential for inspiration and yes, even bliss.



Photo and text copyright Lynda Lehmann. All rights reserved.


If you would like to view my art or make a purchase, please visit Lynda Lehmann Painting and Photography or my gallery at Imagekind, where you can choose from several sizes and paper types or buy my prints plain or matted and framed.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Add to Technorati Favorites


No comments: