Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's Been A While!



Family Ties
Textured Acrylic on Deep Gallery Wrapped Canvas
16 X 16 X 1.75 inches.

Being an artist in the midst of today's technology can certainly be a challenge!

While the resources for exposure are almost endless on the internet it can also be an all-consuming task to maintain your online presence.

It's been a while since I posted anything here on my blog and today I would like to share this new piece entitled "Family Ties".

When I originally painted this one, I just wasn't sure...you know how we artists are, we can never decide if we like something or not and we are way too hard on ourselves. How many pieces have you painted over and had someone come to you and ask where it is?...too late...ooops! We can never get it back once it's gone!

Anyway, I didn't do that and "it is what it is". I knew that I did love the simple "rawness" of it and it has since received some wonderful, positive feedback from fellow artists, which is always good.

As artists we must learn to always go with our gut instinct.

No comments: