Tuesday, July 18, 2006

More historical themed sculptures from Teresa Turner

I have been working on another historically based wall sculpture. This one is based on a 14th century bas relief of a knight on a horse. Here it is in progress, with the basic shape roughed in and some of the detailing completed:



I also finished one of the 14th century cat sculptures, which is based on a wood carving from a church:



In case you are reading this and wondering why so much of my work is influenced by the Middle Ages, I actually majored in Medieval English Literature. As a child I had a fascination with this period of history, watching reruns of old movies like Robin Hood, and playing in a friend's barn with a wooden sword. It's funny how some interests stay with us our entire lives.

Technorati tags: ,,,,,,

No comments: