Monday, July 24, 2006

Wall sculpture of 11th c. knights

I finished another piece that I've been working on for a couple of weeks now. This one depicts a pair of 11th century knights on a horse, and is based on a seal from 1168. Mine is done in hydrostone as a wall plaque, and is about 4-1/2" across:


Because images of the actual historical example in books are copyrighted, I cannot include an image, but there is a picture of the original seal online here if you scroll about 1/4 of the way down the page.

Tonight or tomorrow I also hope to finish the 14th century style version of a knight on a horse I've been working on. When that one is finished, I will post a picture of it as well.

Soon I plan to add these to my web site, as well as to my etsy store. :)

Technorati tags: ,,,,,

No comments: