Friday, September 01, 2006

Miniatures and more art magnets

Today was a day for working on small things. I made some new theme magnets for putting in my etsy store, and also did a couple of mini paintings. Here is one, which I just listed today:


AUTUMN IN THE AIR
Original acrylics


There is a chill in the air, the leaves are blowing, and the crows are gliding on the wind... A black cat watches them from afar, while sitting in a meadow of purple asters.

Here is another one I did today. This one is of a koi fish:


KOI IN BLUE WATER
Original watercolors & India ink

I really enjoy working on little pieces like these. When I was a child, I was always making tiny things, or drawing funny little pictures. Although I'd been selling larger works for years, when I first started selling on ebay, I began with small pieces like these.

Smaller works of art are a great way to decorate in small spaces, and a wonderful way to have a collection of art without spending a lot of money, or needing a large space. Speaking of smaller works, be sure to visit the Worldwide Women Artists site for a link to gift items under $10 created by me and other members of WWAO.

Technorati tags: ,,,,,,,,

No comments: