Thursday, May 22, 2008

Morning Still

I wanted to test my skills at a fast/loose style and choose one of perhaps thousands of photographs of the British Columbia landscape that I have taken.


oil coffee painting
"Morning Still"
9" x 12" oil on stretched canvas
© 2008


I am not entirely satisfied with the beach area, but I think I'll let this one sit for a couple of days and see if anything in particular jumps out at me. All my new Daniel Smith paints (Cadmium Green Hue, Rich Green Gold, Quinacridone Gold, and Asphaltum) were used in this one as well as some old favourites (Cerulean Blue, Titanium-Zinc White, and Sap Green). I kept the palette fairly simple... but not too restrictive.

2 comments:

Lee Pierce said...

Simply Beautiful, Madelaine &hearts

Unknown said...

Lovely and makes me want to go for a walk down at the lake....I think I will! :)

Sharon