Sunday, May 04, 2008

Take Five, a Miniature Watecolour Painting

This is one of my largest watercolours in a long while... and I enjoyed it so much that I have already cut up more paper this size and larger. I used, with kind permission, a reference photo by Kenny P (MrClean1982 on flikr!) for this painting. I was captivated by the look and details of the wonderful photograph.


watercolor hummingbird painting
"Take Five"
4" x 6" watercolour on paper
© 2008


Feel free to email me if you are interested in this painting.

Cheers, Madelaine

6 comments:

Lee Pierce said...

Wonderful work, Madelaine! Exquisite detail ☆

Unknown said...

Wonderful watercolor Madelaine, I see why this would capture your attention.
I have often wanted to ask photographers if I can use their image for a painting, but have been too afraid to. Any suggestions on a good way to ask?

Ruth Palmer said...

Beautiful work Madelaine!

Sujati - Sue Young-Artist said...

This is a beautiful piece Madeleine,just lovely!

sarah said...

Wow, so beautiful Madelaine, just stunning.

Madelaine said...

Thanks Everyone!

Hi Brenda. Usually when I ask to use permission I emphasize that I really like their photo (and usually say why or what about it I like) and then ask for their permission to paint it. I haven't yet been turned down. Another thing I do is give them a link to my page so they can see my current work and I send them a not when I'm done to show then the finished painting.

Cheers!