Sunday, June 01, 2008

Anna's Hummingbird

I would like that thank Derek Scott (SSP Scottstudio Photography) who kindly gave me permission to paint this absolutely beautiful Anna's hummingbird. I was hunting for pictures of hummingbirds (still perfecting my skills in photographing them) when I was captured by this beautiful portrait of a hummingbird.


bird watercolor painting
"Anna's Hummingbird"
6" x 4" hotpress watercolor paper
© 2008


I had some fun today at a big warehouse sale at Opus today... lots of people and some absolutely great deals. I've completed loaded up with canvas, matts, and frames. Now I have no excuse to have more paintings done.

2 comments:

Lee Pierce said...

Excellent! I love HP paper! It allows the artist to create all the textures.
This is Wonderful ★

Sujati - Sue Young-Artist said...

This is such a lovely painting!Look forward to seeing what you do with all your wonderful new supplies-isn't it great when you ahve a blitz in the art store, it's my favourite shopping!