Sunday, June 22, 2008

Warm Summer Boat

I've finally finished this painting (been working on it for quite some time now). Its based on a photograph from Gibson's Landing on the Sunshine Coast in British Columbia, Canada. There were so many of these character boats in the harbour its was hard to pick just one for this painting.


oil marine painting
Warm Summer Boat
8" x 10" oil on stretched linen
© 2008



oil marine painting
detail © 2008


If you are interested in this painting, or would like to commission one, feel free to email me at: squashedtoad@gmail.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent work Madelaine! I'm so used to seeing your precious bird paintings, that this surprised me. Great detail. :)

Sharon

Unknown said...

Delightful painting. Makes me want to head out to sea.

Brenda

Madelaine said...

Thanks guys! I haven't abandoned my birds, just trying to get some larger paintings together for submissions to galleries.